Thursday, November 15, 2012

Whoops! Water Woes

I have a listing that we were making plumbing repairs on.  Due to a chain of unfortunate coincidences, we had a major issue occur when a valve on the tub was on and the city activated water service to the property.  That alone wouldn't have been a problem except the stopper on the tub was closed.  This all occurred in the upstairs bathroom.  D'oh!


Latex paint acts like a balloon sometimes.  The water pooled behind it until it burst through the hole in the ceiling below.


Of course, it ruins sheetrock tapelines and makes a mess of wallpaper too.


Interestingly, water vapor in the home condensed and caused grime on the walls to become visible as it dripped down.  


This makes me wonder how dirty my walls really are.  Maybe I should leave standing water in my house to find out. 

No comments: